Skip to main content

TN50 Dialog Wanita

An agenda in my calendar today was to head to TTDI for the TN50 Women Dialogue. Did not manage to get off in time so thank God for Facebook live. I am very proud of some of the aspirations that were shared tonight:

- minority rights particularly for indigenous communities
- women's safety
- women supporting one another
- skills shortage amongst graduates
- empowerment of women via film and entertainment industry (watch out for the release of Suri Hati Mr Househusband!)
- women involvement in male-dominated industries including forestry, etc
- women in politics and policy making
- flexible working environment
- senior women contributing towards the GDP and national growth
- mentality shift and mindset change
- gender discrimination at work
- building a sustainable nation

To the house husband, Iman Wan (forgive me, or if you are reading this; please write to me if I wrote your name wrong); I am proud of you. Your son must be too.

I think this is the platform that all politicians should create. A platform where the people can freely voice out their concerns and hopes for the country. Listening to the rakyat should not only be the job of senior/popular politicians but rather all representatives of the people; regardless of which portfolio they hold. The opportunity provided tonight was very well received and there should be more opportunities like this in the TN50 roadmap. Job well done, Tan Sri Sharizat and YB KJ and here's to a better nation.

Regards,
Nadia Ismadi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The first step

I think I finally understand how a mother can forget the pain and struggle she had gone through during pregnancy and labor the moment she sees her newborn. No, I'm not talking about me! I mean I am talking about me but in a different context. I finally gave birth to the baby I have been working on for so long: the landing page for my fintech app!!!  *fireworks*

By the way, if you have been reading for a while; the 'takeover the world plan', yeap I was referring to this. (I think this will finally put the ISIS concerns to rest.) So tadaaaaaaa!


I have been wanting to create something I can call my own and this startup is so much more than that. It stems out from the concerns of youth bankruptcy cases caused by credit cards that are rising by the day. As someone who just started working myself, the use of credit cards seems inevitable. And the temptations are just too much. With an office a walking distant from my favourite stores-to-drool-at in KLCC, it is almost impossible …

I'm going to be a mum!

Note to the 'tarbiah sentap' groups: Don't judge a blog post by its title. Read through please.

Okay, the title is relatively true. Depending on how you see it. Whatever it is I am super duper happy! My best friend is now pregnant! So technically she will be a mum and since we are BFFs I'm going to be a mum too!! Okay by that logic does it means when she's a granny I am one too? Uh Oh. *panic attack*

Okay okay, one thing at a time.

I have tons of baby names already for her. All kinds; Malays/Arabics, Mat Salehs/English, Chinese, Indian, Kadazans and Nickelodeons (Nur Spongebobelle or Siti Squidwardiana doesn't sound so bad, no?) She doesn't seem to agree to most of them but I will try again with a personalized, bedazeled baby sweater (that spells Nur Spongebobelle) in my hand as a gift. Hah! Can't say no now can we?! #sisbijak

So, names = checked!

Let's see what's next? Parenting style. Cool mum. So I'll get the fun bit of the baby - taking…

Take me to Stanford!

To those of you who are rolling your eyes now knowing that this post is long overdue, please complete the whole nasty remark with hands on your shoulders. I wanted to post this up immediately after the program but (usual excuse) got loads of work to do. Hehehe. 
Anyway, it was so good to be going back to class after sooooooo long! I had a week long of a back-to-school kind of experience with the Stanford Go2Market program hosted by the Malaysian Innovation and Creativity Centre (MaGIC). I learnt so much by the end of it I feel like packing my bags and head to Standford University to study. It was such an eye-opening experience and when you’re done reading this post you'll all want to head to Standford with me. 
The structure of this program encouraged us to think about the business model as a whole and rethink if there are other avenues in which the business can work. Working with Fintech, the room to navigate is relatively small with regulations constraint and all but after day 1, …